Your Rights Under Consumer Law
The benefits given by the warranty set out in this document are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under law in relation to the goods to which the guarantee relates.
Our goods come with warranty that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The guarantee only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes products used for commercial purposes.
The guarantee applies to the original purchaser only and is not transferable
To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to the Australian Consumer Law, DJC Furniture & Bedding is not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of :
Damage caused by incorrect assembly, storage, or transportation beyond original delivery;
Normal wear and tear.
In this regard, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
- leathers and fabrics will fade and crease;
- foam and fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time;
- depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering materials, cushion fillings and suspension may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense;
- scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather;
- leather and fabric products are upholstered by hand and therefore, the size and weight of these products may have minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted;
- damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids;
- damage caused by improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the product with chemicals, exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts and/or omissions.
Your Rights Under This Warranty
DJC Furniture & Bedding gives the original purchaser a warranty for the period as stated on the warranty card and law tag attached to the product against defects in workmanship and materials.
If during the period of warranty stated on your law tag attached to the product,
beginning from the date of purchase, a defect caused by faulty workmanship or materials appears, DJC Furniture will
repair your mattress and base within a reasonable time after receiving your valid warranty claim.
If the defect appears within the first year of the warranty period, DJC Furniture will also pay all
transportation costs,or reimburse such costs incurred by you where they were authorised by
DJC Furniture, in relation to the repair of the base or mattress.
If the defect appears after the first year of the warranty period you will be responsible for paying all transportation costs.
DJC Furniture reserves the right to charge an up-front call out fee prior to an inspection taking place at any stage during the life of the mattress. This fee will be refunded should a manufacturing fault be
If identical materials are not available at the time DJC Furniture repairs your mattress or base under this warranty, DJC Furniture reserves the right to substitute materials of comparable quality.
Performance Of Mattress and Bases
All mattresses will exhibit body impressions as the mattress upholstery conforms to the body to provide cushioning and comfort.
Body impressions up to 35mm on a pillow top mattress and up to 25mm on a non-pillow top mattress is considered a normal occurrence and not a defect covered
by this guarantee. Rotating your mattress monthly will help equalise wear and tear.
Our mattresses can be used on suitable slat base whereby slats are no more than 10cm apart and have a centre support rail and centre leg support. Flexible slats (convex arching) can lose their resiliency over time becoming concave and should be replaced regularly.
Solid panel bases must have holes to allow adequate air circulation and moisture transfer.
Please be aware that it can take up to 30 days for your body to adjust to the feel and support of your new purchase.
To be able to make a claim under any warranties you must keep the original proof of purchase receipt.
This Warranty covers the following specific manufacturing faults under conditions of normal wear:
- Broken or loose coils or wires
- Broken or splitting occurring in wood frame
- Faulty or broken legs/castors
- Stitching faults or loose threads not caused by any external factor
This warranty does not cover:
- Comfort preference as a result of product selection ie; too soft or too firm
- A reasonable level of depression (body impressions or contours) on the mattress.
- Body impressions up to 35mm on a pillow top mattress and up to 25mm on a non-pillow top mattress is considered a normal occurrence and not a defect.
- Damage due to misuse, abuse or negligence including bending, standing or jumping on the mattress or base
- Normal wear and tear or damage due to mishandling.
- Mattress fabric on inspection is found to be in unsanitary condition (including stains,soiling and burns).
- Mattress damage due to a sub standard or sagging base or frame where slats are more than 10cm apart
- Bent or broken legs and castors or base damage due to insufficient tightening of fittings
- Mattress damage due to defective timber or metal slats
- Mattress damage due to base system that does not provide flat even support
- Handles are designed to position the mattress on the base only and not support the full weight of the mattress.
- Sheet fit.
- Bed height.
- Bedding sold ‘as is’
- New mattress smell
Consumer Guarantees don not apply if you:
- knew of, or were made aware of, the faults before you bought the product.
- received what you asked for but simply changed your mind;
- found it cheaper somewhere else;
- decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it;
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem; or
Except as expressly stated this guarantee does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the occurrence of the defect in the mattress or base or your inability to use the mattress or base. Any use of this base other than the use for which it was originally intended is not the responsibility of DJC Furniture.
How To Make A Claim
To be entitled to make a claim under your warranty you must notify us of the defect within 30 days after it has appeared.
- Provide us with your full name and address and details of the defect and,
- Provide us with your original proof of purchase receipt.
You can notify us of the defect and make a claim by contacting DJC Furniture & Bedding on (02) 9602 0048 or by sending an email to email@example.com.